Sep 11, 2010

Never Forgotten

Today I got to thinking about blogs and what the purpose is. I KNOW that as much as I would like to believe everyone is into what is happening in our lives, it should also be a resource for sharing and providing information. I thought I would look back into previous blogs I had written that are housed on....dare I say it....myspace! I think some of them will be valuable to share in a more public way!

I cannot construct a post today without noting it is 9/11/2010. 9 years ago today, I remember the exact place I was as I heard the news about the attacks. I was driving to Westminster College and heard it on the radio. When I pulled up to campus and walked into the beloved Shaw Center-there it was on the TV........Classes were closed for the day and students were all around campus hugging, crying, making phone calls, supporting and waiting for more news. Today I also happen to be working at a Yellow Ribbon Event in Los Angeles , which is funding put into place for veterans who have served active duty following September 10, 2001. For all the men and women who serve our country....THANK YOU.

No comments: