Jan 20, 2010

The big 2 and 5 is approaching and fast.

I found my Argentine Birth Certificate while we were moving to our new home and i noticed the birth-date and realized i'm going to be considered an "Antique Person" based on my best friend Brea Williams De Saine. Seems like for the past few weeks i tried to not remember one of my most favorite holidays, because this time i'm not turning 18 and able to purchase cigarettes legally ( I don't smoke by the way ;), i'm not waiting anymore to be 21 and go dancing with my older friends but this time my wife said, "Everything and anything that is 25 years old they consider you antique because they give you discounts for everything and they look at you officially as an adult", at that time there were thousands and one thoughts that crossed my mind thinking, 'have i done everything in my power to be even a better person than i am now'?. Like my very good friend "Said" said, "whatever bad happened i deserved it, and whatever good happened i earned it" as my wife knows that i simply hate with passion thinking about the past specially those bad moments in life, they are gone and we only look forward to be better people based on our experience and to open a better, clearer path for our future, i believe i have earned my blessing and God has provided me with health and love from my new family "The Williams", Oh they have opened a new door to the "Saine" family by giving us more family to give and receive love.
We are only 4 days away from my birthday and i can't say that i'm sad or if i could've done better or what i did wrong or right, but i can only say one thing, that talking to my amazing friends and my wife coaching me and guiding me 'Paso a paso' :)
i have never been so ready to finish school and focus on my future like never before.
On the other hand many of our friends are a little confused about if we were living in Mississippi or Tennessee. Well, when we first got Brea's job offer we did our very best to learn about the city but our concern was where we were going to live since Memphis, TN is considered top 2nd most dangerous city to live. Long story short we lived in Southaven, MS that if you google map it you will see it is only 2 miles into the state line of Mississippi, yes we found a what it seemed a safe neighborhood and rented a house for the first 6 months, then things without going into detail our stay in Mississippi was not longer an option and thank God we were able to officially get out of our contract and move to the newest, safest, coolest, cleanest part of Memphis which is "Collierville".
Now apartment hunting was ugly and quite challenging driving from one place to another in our tight lunch schedule and using our precious weekends to find that one apartment that we would spend the rest of our stay here in Memphis, Tennessee. We went for our very last apartment we had on our long list and everything about it sold us, now i won't say where it is for security reasons ;) but it is in Colliervile and we are so excited that now we don't have to travel a whole lot compared to Southaven, Mississippi and we made some great friends.
I just heard that my parents booked a flight to Cordoba, Argentina and they are planning to stay there for a little over three weeks and get to see the whole family once again, it has been almost a decade since any of us have seen our Argentine family. Well, i hope they better bring something, and something yummy to remember my youth days.
Now that we are settled in our new place we can start blogging more often to keep our dear family and friends updated.

1 comment:

M&M said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. In Hamlet, someone says of a group of actors "use them according to their desert (treat them as they deserve)," to which Hamlet replies: "God's bodkin, man, much better: (if everyone gets what they deserve), who shall scape whipping?"